We are off to an amazing start for the season. As school is gearing up to start, there are a few things I wanted to inform you all about.
1. We are asking every parent to pay for meal fees. Each player will have a $75 fee which covers a booster membership for a parent and the meal fee for the season. This applies to every team because we feed Freshmen, JV and Varsity.
2. Our Program ads are going to print September 4th. If you are interested in purchasing an ad for your athlete and/or know a business that would like to promote their business by purchasing an ad, please let me know and I will get you the program ad information.
3. Picture day. Our athletes will be taking pictures on Saturday August, 18th at 10:00am. All players need to have on shoes. No slides or flip flops for the picture. These pictures will be in our program.
4. Turkey Leg Fundraiser. We are doing a Turkey leg fundraiser on September 2nd. All athletes are asked to sale three (3) tickets. The turkey legs are $10 a piece. The athletes will get their tickets this week and must return the ticket sold portion and money on August 20th. Turkey legs will be picked at LBJ on September 2nd.
5. Los Fresnos game on 9/7/18. As many of you know, our Varsity team will be traveling to Los Fresnos for a game that Friday night. Our athletes will be staying at a resort (The Pearl). A charter bus has been reserved for the team. Hotel rooms for all players have been taken care of. We have arranged a group rate at the resort for LBJ. The cost of the room for one night is $109.00. There are a block of team rooms for any interested in staying. If you are planning to go to Los Fresnos, you can call and book your room. Just let them know you want the “ LBJ Group Rate”. If several parents want to ride together, we have the ability to obtain transportation. We’ll need a head count and volunteers who are willing to drive. More information to come.
5. LBJ will be hosting a basketball tournament. We’ve been given the opportunity to make a good amount of money working the concessions. We are asking parents to sign up and help work the concessions. I will have a sign up sheet. More information to come as the event nears us.
6. Booster Club meeting. We will have a booster club meeting this Friday August, 17th at 6 pm. If any of you are interested in joining the booster club, please plan to attend this meeting.